Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ups and Downs

Racing on the World Cup is different; last week was my introduction to this whole new level of racing and I must say it is AWESOME!! My debut to this level of racing was a sprint in the center of Quebec City. We raced in front of the parliament building and it felt like what I imagine NFL players feel like, well maybe not exactly, but close. 


The whole racecourse was just packed with screaming spectators and there were tons of American flags out there. I did not end up having the best luck, which was extremely upsetting and disappointing at the moment. I was having what felt like one of the best sprint qualifiers of my career when I fell less then a hundred meters from the finish. The conditions were extremely tricky with deep sugary snow. It was important to be light on the feet and keep the tempo up. In the past, I have struggled with going out too easy and racing conservatively. This time I was not holding anything back, I went out hard and everything was going great until I caught my tip and fell. It is important for me to move past these races as there are several more opportunities coming up. I am just glad I am in good form and hope I can build on it through the season. This year has a lot of exciting races on the schedule and I can't wait!

Ian Harvey Photo

flyingpointroad.com: Quebec City Sprints  _SMF9202 Flyingpointroad Photo

Now I am in Canmore getting ready for the next set of World Cups. I will be racing a 15 kilometer mass start on Thursday, a sprint on Saturday and a 30km mass start duathalon on Sunday. Getting Pumped!


The view from my hotel in Canmore

No comments:

Post a Comment