Thursday, February 21, 2013

World Champs Sprint Update

(Fasterskier Photo)
It's so awesome to be here competing at the World Championships. Today I had some really good feelings when I was on the race course. It felt like the muscles were really snappy but I still had good glide. After spending the first half of the season at high altitude I find myself struggling with finding the right pace at this low altitude sprinting, I know it is something I can improve. I've defiantly taken some mental notes that I think will help me the rest of the week. The conditions were really tricky so finding the right wax was difficult, I struggled with deciding whether I wanted to go for the good kick or the good glide, I may have made the wrong decision and I think that showed in my finishing result. When I saw I ended in 51st I was a little disappointed and surprised. This is my first time at the  World Championships so I didn't know what to expect, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that people are skiing FAST, I just wanted to be a little closer to the top 30. Three more chances! :) This is such a cool experience. The crowd is louder and bigger then I have ever seen for a ski race.


This is a picture from Swiss nationals a couple weeks ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment